Honestly, I am still in a daze from last week when I successfully defended my dissertation… Dr. Natalie? What? My plan still stands to be more active on here now and share more regular mental health-related content–but! I am so so happy to have been nominated for the Awesome Blogger Award by Tamara from Purple Almond Wellness Kitchen, so fun. It is so nice to be acknowledged and to participate. Thanks!
- Thank the person who nominated you. ✔️
- Tag the post with #awesomebloggeraward. ✔️
- Answer at least 5 of the questions you were asked (You can also answer all that is offered on your platter) ✔️
- Nominate at least five bloggers and inform them of their nomination. ✔️
- Give them a minimum 5 new questions to answer. ✔️
My answers to Tamara’s questions:
1. If You Could Ask Advice From Any Historical Figure, Who Would It Be? What Would You Ask Them?
I would probably want to talk to suffragette Alice Paul… and ask her how she managed to be so courageous to stand up for women in this country.
2. If You Had A Theme Song, What Would It Be and why? (post a youtube link to your song if you can find it!)
This is a great question… I think I’ve had many theme songs throughout my life, but right now this one by Third Eye Blind resonates the most with me… I think probably because in many ways I am getting back to myself, being true to who I am, and letting go of the rest/what doesn’t suit me. I haven’t felt so alive in a long long time… despite everything that is going on in the world currently. Here is a link to the song.
3. If You Could Write One New Law That Everyone Had To Obey, What Law Would You Create and why?
I would probably have some law mandating the respectful treatment of people who work with the public (cashiers, police officers, greeters, servers, etc), and that if you are rude to them, you are automatically and magically teleported home LOL and don’t get to come out for the rest of the day. Seriously though, it bothers me so much when people are nasty to each other for no reason.
4. The House Is On Fire, But Everyone Is Safely Out, The Pets Are Safely Out, And All Wallets/Cash Are Saved. If You Could Make One Last Dash To Get Something, What Would It Be..and why?
My jewelry box full of things that other people have given me… rings, my Grandma’s wedding ring… I don’t normally feel super attached to material things, but I would want to hold on to those.
5. If You Were Given One Thousand Acres Of Land, What Would You Do With It?
I would likely build the house of my dreams on it… eventually. A small cabin like thing with many windows… and then leave the rest of the land wild so I could roam on it. I would try to have a garden where I could grow a lot of my own food.
These were such thoughtful questions! I wonder if I’ll be able to come up with good ones.
Here are my nominees:
It would be way fun for you to participate, but totally don’t feel like you have to.
- Binita from Educated Unemployed Indian
- Mathew from Blog of a Wolf Boy
- Nancy from Audere est Facere
- Pooja from Lifesfinewhine
- Bryon from You Are Still The Process
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- If you could select one picture that you feel like currently represents how you’re feeling, what would it be? Preferably one that you’ve taken. Post it with a caption! 🙂
- What is your earliest memory? Why do you think it’s the first thing you remember?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What is the most beautiful dream that you’ve ever had– what do you think contributed to you having it?
- What do you consider to be your life’s work?
Much love to you all, and thanks for being awesome.